Friday 28 November 2014

☂ lens review (ifairy: dolly+ red)

Gather round kiddos, it's review time ♥ Today I'll be reviewing one of my favourite circle lenses; the iFairy dolly+ in red from Adelaide Little Lens! For a full review of the shop, please check the end of my previous review here. 

Company: iFairy
Diameter: 16.2mm
Water content: 55%
Base curve: 8.6mm
Prescription: 0 to -8.50
Lifespan: 1 year
Price: $20
left: outside view & right: inside view


COLOUR & DESIGN
★★★★★
WOW can I just say that these are one the most impressive coloured lenses I own? The red pigments are so vivid even against my black/brown eyes, and shows very well in photographs! The opaque black limbal ring further highlights the intense red colour and adds to the unnatural effect, which is a huge plus for cosplay. The red softly blends into my natural eye colour with specks of black, so I don't think it'll transition as well for light coloured eyes...

ENLARGEMENT
★★★★★
iFairy tends to only carry the larger sizes, and these are no exception. 16.2mm enlarges your eyes to great gREAT proportions, so wearing heavier makeup is a good way to balance it out!

COMFORT
★★★★★
I've worn these several times; once to a convention for 8+ hours, and another time to school for 6+ hours. On both occasions, there was no discomfort or dryness, and I only needed eye drops afterwards. Initially it did take a while to get use because of the size, but later it doesn't even feel like I have lenses at all.

OVERALL
★★★★★
As I said before, these are one of my most favourite circle lenses ever! The creepy factor and strange colouring makes it one of the coolest lenses I own and basically I'm in love it and you should be too. I have gotten so many compliments ranging from "your eyes are so cool" to "holy shit your eyes are scary." Many anime and Halloween characters have red eyes, so this is a very versatile lens that I guarantee you can get plenty of usage out of.

For the photos, I used this pair for my casual Chibiusa costest from Sailor Moon + zombie!maid for my school muck up day ♥ 




tw; fake blood + zombie makeup!



0 comments:

Post a Comment