Sunday 31 August 2014

☂ lens review (dolly eye: puffy 3tones blue)

Hello everyone! 

Awhile back I ordered a huge circle lens haul from Adelaide Little Lens, and finally decided to post reviews to start up this blog. This is my first time actually writing reviews, so please bear with me as I try to not sound too awkward and find a style I'm comfortable with. Obviously from the title, I'll be talking about the Dolly Eye Puffy 3tones in blue :)

left: outside view & right: inside view

Company: The Dolly Eye
Diameter: 14.5mm
Water content: 38%
Base Curve: 8.6mm
Prescription: 0 to -10.00
Lifespan: 1 year
Price: $20 

COLOUR & DESIGN
★★★★
These lenses are gorgeous! The colour is very opaque, and shows up well even on my brown/black eyes. A natural look is created from the thin, soft limbal ring and yellow ring inside the lens, helping to blend in the colours (the gradient effect would definitely show better on light coloured eyes).

ENLARGEMENT
★★★
Even though the size isn't the biggest, these lens still have quite an enlarging effect. This makes it passable for both casual day wear and for cosplay, which is a big plus for me.

COMFORT
★★
Definitely one of the more comfier lenses to wear! I had these on for approx 6 hours, and did not need any eye drops for rehydration. The only problem was after I removed them, when my eyes became significantly more tried and sore. This is probably due my eyes not being adjusting for wearing them for so long, so getting used to them is all I need.

OVERALL

★★★☆
I am so in love with these lenses! Having such blue eyes is a dream for me, since my natural eye colour is the darkest brown in existence. These are a brilliant first pair of blue lenses to add to my collection, and will probably be the best!

Now time for some photo spam! I used these lenses to cosplay genderbend!Jack Frost from Rise of the Guardians (who is my husband so hush no touching my baby). The wig wasn't very cooperative today, please excuse the messiness ;v;





I also used these lenses for Tetsuya Kuroko from Kuroko no Basuke 


SHOP: Adelaide Little Lens
★★★★
As I bulk bought 7 pairs of circle lenses in one go, I'll post the shop review just once in this post. First off, the customer service is amazing! Communicating with the manager was very easy, as they are friendly and quick to reply to my questions. Using the multiple discounts available at the time, it accumulated into 60% off thus reducing the price of the lens from $20 to $8! (NOTE: the discounts are unfortunately now no longer available) This is probably the best bargain I've managed to snag, considering how expensive circle lenses usually are. In addition to this, free postage was included.

My only concern was the time of the postage. As a preorder, (which opens every two months) a month long wait is expected. However, I ordered on the 23 February and it arrived three months later on 23 June, with another two more pairs of lenses arriving on 22 July. This was understandable, as there was a problem with their supplier, thus delaying the process by over two months. A 25% off coupon or free postage for the next order was offered, so I didn't mind too much. I have purchased from this shop multiple times before, and such an unfortunate occurrence is very rare. 

Overall, the affordable prices, quality lenses and great customer service makes this shop my go to place for circle lenses. So long as you don't mind the one month wait for preorders, I would highly recommend this shop to everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment